Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Circleville during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc at 740-474-5940 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.