Whether you like winter or prefer the warmer months in Circleville, most of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a big impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it needs to be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Install a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring qualified technicians to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—despite your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The professionals at Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc in Circleville a call to get started. Contact our team at 740-474-5940 or arrange an appointment with us online.