As warmer weather begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Circleville? Even if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling expert can help spot minor issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine components and complete a cycle of cooling performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into big problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the season. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and components:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling pros a shout at 740-474-5940 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your upcoming service.