As springtime rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Circleville? Even if your AC unit is up-to-date or was running good last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling specialist can help spot small issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps spot little issues before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine pieces and complete a series of air conditioning performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into large troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and components:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling
Today is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling pros a call at 740-474-5940 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your approaching service.