As springtime begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Circleville? Especially if your AC system is up-to-date or was cooling well last season.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to book any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment examined annually by a Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc specialist can help spot small issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to take care of complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that build up within your unit can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy needs—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it last longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the long run, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little issues before they lead to large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine parts and carry out a cycle of cooling performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find problems before they lead to large issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free operation throughout the season. After your AC is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is well-prepared to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your system is open to early failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should include a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and parts:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Now with Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc pros a call at 740-474-5940 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, make sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.