When it’s cold in Circleville you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system appears to be working well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can block air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few particular problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps growing. This could signal several different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.