During the cooler Circleville months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc at 740-474-5940 or schedule an appointment with us online.