Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Circleville season, have the specialists at Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc complete your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow in the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc today at 740-474-5940.