Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Circleville is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc in Circleville at 740-474-5940 today.