One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the chilly season it is even more essential. Winters in Circleville are unpredictable and the chilliest days can often appear on us, sometimes when your furnace is ill-equipped. So, before you call in a specialized technician, here are a few things you can examine first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most common causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time floating through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut off often times. The older the furnace, the more difficult it might be to notice the problem, while newer furnaces are designed to point out clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can ward off these troubles and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to forget small things like the settings of your thermostat. Insure this vital step, especially if there was a recent rise in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that seems like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, position. It can easily be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is often the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only take a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is an easy and effective way of confirming the efficiency of your furnace before you give a call to your Circleville expert. If there are still issues after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to inform your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc in Circleville.