According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there an obstruction in your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have insects or rodents created a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to reach out to Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc in Circleville about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the pros at Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc. A yearly evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Examining your system regularly and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clean.
Additional ways you can help maintain your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from areas such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and change them when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Circleville home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Stephen Hurst Pack Heating and Cooling, Inc at 740-474-5940 or arrange an appointment online.